Built in 1903 as number 74 by the LNWR at Wolverton for King Edward VII for the Royal train, the Saloon has also been numbered 5074/10506/806. After 22 years of varied preservation life away from Tyseley, this coach has returned to Tyseley to be restored again.
After entering preservation in 1973 at Tyseley it was restored by 1989, but was then sold in 2000 to a private individual at the Bluebell railway for use in the dining trains. After several years there it was bought by a film company, then ended up at an Indian restaurant in the South of England. After aborted plans to turn it into a dining room, a rescue plan was formulated and it was transported back to Tyseley, so its story has gone full circle.