Volunteers provide support to the whole range of activities based in and around the Tyseley site and Vintage Trains Limited. Volunteers need not be members of Vintage Trains Society but are encouraged to join to support the work of the Society and for the member benefits.
There are number of ways that volunteers can offer support covering a range of activities including
- Locomotive and rolling stock restoration
- Mainline activities e.g. train stewards, sales stand, buffet service, ticket checking
- Leaflet distribution
- Manning display stands at exhibitions, shows and other events
- Works & Depot Site maintenance, including painting and gardening
- Tyseley Open Day Stewarding
- Magazine, Newsletter & Web Site development
- plus a whole range of other sundry activities
Please note that all volunteers are welcome, and we will endeavour to match their aspirations with the opportunities available. However it must be understood that for the operational activities, individuals will need to undergo appropriate supervised training and assessment of suitability.