This page gives details of the Friends’ publications, newsletters and other publications, both printed and electronic. Follow the links to find out more about:
- Steam in Trust
- the Friends’ Tyseley newsletter, including previous newsletters and how to sign up to receive this electronically
- From the Archives – downloadable items of historical interest related to Tyseley and the collections. Items are added at approximately monthly intervals
- the current Tyseley stock list
- Other contributions by members of the Friends.
Steam in Trust is the Friends’ flagship publication, circulated in printed copy to all members 3 or 4 times a year- the on-line copy of Steam in Trust is made available on this site approximately a month after the printed copies have been circulated.
The following copies of Steam in Trust are available online:
- Issue 47 – Autumn 2020 (PDF, 1584 KB)
- Issue 46 – Summer 2020 (PDF, 12700 KB) – this is the 50th Anniversary issue of Steam in Trust.
- Issue 45 – Spring 2020 (PDF, 9599 KB)
- Issue 44 – Autumn 2019 (PDF, 15711 KB)
Tyseley News is the members newsletter which keeps members updated with all the news from Tyseley Locomotive Works and Vintage Trains.
The Friends of Vintage Trains Committee has decided to make previous issues of Tyseley News available on this site, so that non-members of the Friends can read our newsletter, after our Members have had chance to read it first. We hope that non-members will find it of interest and an encouragement to join us and contribute to keeping steam heritage preserved and running our trains on the mainline.
The following previous issues of Tyseley News are available:
- Tyseley News No. 26, Spring 2020 (PDF ,776 KB)
- Tyseley News No. 25, Summer 2019 (PDF, 1004 KB)
- Tyseley News No. 24, Summer 2018 (PDF, 5899KB)
- Tyseley News No. 23, Spring 2017 (PDF, 928KB)
- Tyseley News No. 22, Autumn 2016 (PDF, 532KB)
Newsletters By Email
The Friends of Vintage Trains members can now receive Tyseley News by email. This saves printing, postage & distribution costs so that more money can be directed to the Trust’s restoration projects, so please sign up to receive newsletters by email. You need your membership number to sign up. This page also describes how to update your details or opt out of receiving Tyseley News by email.
The volunteer Archivist for Vintage Trains has kindly agreed to provide articles based on items in the Tyseley archives that will, we hope, be of interest to all members of the Friends. These will be added to on an approximately monthly basis. Follow the links below to see historical information and background to :-
Please note that these lists are maintained by volunteers and might not be complete at the date shown.
We also have an article written by Ray Churchill, one of our longest-standing drivers with 59 years of railway service, prior to his retirement reflecting on his time on the railways and with Vintage Trains; appropriately entitled End of the Line (PDF, 365 KB) it is well worth a read.